♥ I live and love enveloped by the unique beauty of the California High Desert so breathtakingly exemplified by nearby Joshua Tree National Park. My husband Dennis and my children Joe and Lily animate my world and, like the Joshuas, fuel the fires of my creativity. I invite you to gaze with me through cactus flower-colored glasses at our adventures and misadventures as we continue to explore High Desert culture, symbolism and reality, past and present. ♥ I am passionate about crochet, which I first learned as a child and have missed in intervening years. Under the thrilled tutelage of my mom, Thimblelina, I recently dusted off my beloved Grandmother's hooks and will share the things I am learning with you here. ♥ Please feel free to peruse my Etsy shop where you will find crocheted baby and toddler hats, bonnets and gift sets as well as my High Desert-inspired creations. A portion of net sales of my desert designs will go to the Joshua Tree National Park Assn. to benefit their programs. ~ Heather

Monday, February 16, 2009

Hot Crocheter: Rachel Hunnicutt of Cornflower Blue Studio


Welcome to the first "Hot Crocheter" post at High Desert Hooker. As the animation to the left says, this series will highlight artisans who are redefining what it means to be a crocheter.

To kick things off, let me introduce you to Rachel Hunnicutt of Cornflower Blue Studio. I found out about her through this post at the Crochet Liberation Front. After a little investigating, I was able to locate the Cornflower Blue Studio blog, and a post entitled, "...and then I realized it was just a dream." I said WOW.

What makes Rachel a Hot Crocheter? Innovation. This piece, inspired by the sea and entitled "Ghost Reef", just blew me away...




I couldn't help but check out her Etsy art shop: Cornflower Blue Studio: felicity shop. You will find Ghost Reef there available for purchase, among other treats for the eyes. You might also be interested to check out her Etsy craft shop: Cornflower Blue Studio.

Thank you Rachel for sharing your talents with us and for tickling our imaginations.

2 comments:

Rachel Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 2:37:00 PM PST  

Wow, thanks! I'm honored to have been featured on your blog!

Heather at My Coupon Coop Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 5:11:00 PM PST  

Thank you, Rachel! I moved this post over to my other blog Happymaking, hope you don't mind!

(http://happy-making.blogspot.com/2009/02/hot-crocheter-rachel-hunnicutt-of_21.html)

Crochet Blogs

Blogs I Follow

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP