♥ I live and love enveloped by the unique beauty of the California High Desert so breathtakingly exemplified by nearby Joshua Tree National Park. My husband Dennis and my children Joe and Lily animate my world and, like the Joshuas, fuel the fires of my creativity. I invite you to gaze with me through cactus flower-colored glasses at our adventures and misadventures as we continue to explore High Desert culture, symbolism and reality, past and present. ♥ I am passionate about crochet, which I first learned as a child and have missed in intervening years. Under the thrilled tutelage of my mom, Thimblelina, I recently dusted off my beloved Grandmother's hooks and will share the things I am learning with you here. ♥ Please feel free to peruse my Etsy shop where you will find crocheted baby and toddler hats, bonnets and gift sets as well as my High Desert-inspired creations. A portion of net sales of my desert designs will go to the Joshua Tree National Park Assn. to benefit their programs. ~ Heather

Thursday, February 19, 2009

I figured out how to get Joe to eat vegetables!


I've been practicing baby led weaning with Lily, but seeing as how she's mostly been playing with the food and not actually consuming it, which is more or less okay at this age, I decided to buy some organic pureed veggies for her to try. (Yes I know I can make them myself, and I will give it a go next time around.) As a pleasant side effect of this process, I've discovered that Joe wants to eat anything and everything I try to feed Lily! He has been a typical toddler lately, not wanting anything except for yogurt, cheese, Cheerios, etc., and it's been worrying me to death. Now I see a light at the end of that tunnel! Next time around - green beans??



Is that carrot baby food in his hand?




Is that a baby spoon in my water glass?




Are those carrots on his face and *gasp* in his mouth?




And like 8 new baby spoons! Yay!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Helene Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 11:55:00 AM PST  

I think you just might be onto something!! I bet if I spooned a bunch of pureed veggies into some empty baby food jars that I still have laying around, my kids would eat it!!

Do you mind if I add your site to my blogroll? Maybe it can send a little more traffic to your Etsy shop...love the knit hats!!

High Desert Hooker Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 12:03:00 PM PST  

Hey, now there's a good idea! Makes it seem more "fun" somehow.

And why on Earth would I mind? Thank you, I appreciate that! (H)

Marie Reed Friday, February 20, 2009 at 12:58:00 AM PST  

That is wonderful! So glad to see that he is veggie monster! I wish that woud work on my 9 year old:)

MuseSwings Friday, February 20, 2009 at 5:57:00 AM PST  

I wish that would work on my 36 year old.... He never did like veggies - still doesn't. But then I'm not in charge of him anymore and he's alive and well after nearly 4 decades of a veggieless diet.

Anonymous,  Friday, February 20, 2009 at 6:22:00 AM PST  

Just wait until the kids go through the I ONLY EAT HOTDOGS stage to be followed by I HATE HOTDOGS stage and the I ONLY WANT CHICKEN NUGGETS followed soon after by CHICKEN NUGGETS ARE GROSS stages ...

good times.

cherokeefox Friday, February 20, 2009 at 7:09:00 AM PST  

Hey, whatever works! My son was a picky eater growing up but my daughter would eat good. Now she has 3 daughters of her own that have luckily always eaten good. The oldest has always loved spinach and would cry if she could not eat it for breakfast AND cold out of the can! She has been pureeing veggies, especially sweet potatoes for her youngest 9 mth old. She loves them!

Jannie Funster Friday, February 20, 2009 at 2:12:00 PM PST  

Well, there you go! Give Lily what you want Joe to eat and Bob's your uncle!

And maybe when Lily's bigger you can reverse that and they'll both be eating great, each others' food - but great!

(Oh, that's an Australian expression. Which you may already know. Some don't.)

xo

Crochet Blogs

Blogs I Follow

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP